Thursday, October 8, 2009

Craft In America

Okay, I've been grading, a LOT. This got me wondering about why there are some students, not many, but a few, who just don't take care with crafting whatever we are working on. Exemplars are readily visible, 1:1 reinforcement and guidance is implemented, but still feel that more thought could be put into getting the idea of craftsmanship across. I'm going to look at the PBS series on this topic for future curriculum inspiration on this topic.Also related, using project-based learning, like art, to engage students. Okay, I'm adding something else I found on a rainy Friday the 9th, an interview about crafting beautiful work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sketchbook Project

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

About Me

My photo

The journey of process intrigues me and I am always changing it up.

Search This Blog