Sunday, December 20, 2009

Archived Webinars

Found another cool tech site, an online magazine called "Tech & Learning", so naturally, I signed up for a free subscription (can be digital or print format). Much more interesting are the archived "webinars" (see link). Additionally, I joined a Wiki for "21st Century" art educators. Am I one of those?... Anyway, my students have been working on narratives to accompany their cartoons, because I felt that supporting writing skills is important in art, making the cartoon unit a natural integration fit. The web source I liked best was at ReadWriteThink: "Comics in the Classroom as an Introduction to Genre Study". We spent time brainstorming captions from comics.com, used the "plot mountain" PDF (all on SB), then went into the comic layout sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sketchbook Project

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

About Me

My photo

The journey of process intrigues me and I am always changing it up.

Search This Blog