Friday, February 26, 2010

Colored Pencil Techniques


At all three grade levels, third/fourth/fifth, I introduce colored pencils. Students especially enjoy using the techniques of "blending" and "burnishing". My big box of Crayola colored pencils disappears pretty fast with one grade level on a colored pencil project, but the results are quite beautiful (as seen in one of the fourth grade entries from "10,000 Rockets"). Here's a link to some of last year's radial art using this technique. Many students report how much fun they have and how relaxing it is to use colored pencils. Sometimes, the "classics", like colored pencils, are perfect to put in the art program mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sketchbook Project

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

About Me

My photo

The journey of process intrigues me and I am always changing it up.

Search This Blog