Sunday, February 28, 2010

Design Lessons

The Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum has a treasure trove of lessons for educators (see link), and for a nice change, a lot of good ones for art/arts integration. Here's a nice one for HS, but could be adapted to younger ages, regarding design and how it changes over time (the timeline itself is great).
Then, several sites have interesting presentation tools for portfolios, etc., but issuu.com seems to be quite sleek. Recently, our tech department made a presentation on prezi, another presentation tool. Lastly, I'm also playing around with cool iris.... I remember how laborious it was to matt all my artwork for portfolio reviews---how cool it would have been to have these tools instead. For MS and HS students, I could see any of these apps being part of a project submission, too. Last--an online business card site (also prints tons of other stuff cheap, like postcards).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sketchbook Project

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

About Me

My photo

The journey of process intrigues me and I am always changing it up.

Search This Blog