Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sketchbooks in Schools

I'm starting to redesign my curriculum map for next year and I am tempted to revisit sketchbooks based on the great UK website linked to the post title. If I have each student create one at the beginning of the year, put their reflections and rough drafts inside, it might just work better than a "stand-alone" sketchbook unit (I have tried these in the past in multiple grade levels with mixed results). Another sketchbook resource (there are several, so noodle around the site): ArtJunction
Since I am also trying to reinforce language arts skills, I am just about convinced this is the way to go, even with 700 students :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sketchbook Project

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

About Me

My photo

The journey of process intrigues me and I am always changing it up.

Search This Blog