Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Math and Art


Now that we are back at school, I've chosen to be more explicit about the connections between art & other areas, such as math. We are doing line drawings, basically, but third grade is talking about "parallel", "diagonal", & "perpendicular" lines, fourth grade is working on mirror reflections/symmetry in their composition, and fifth grade is making geodesic spheres. The photo (and title link) are about the science of art as related to origami. I also found another resource for symmetry and tessellations at:
http://britton.disted.camosun.bc.ca/jbsymteslk.htm
(30 activities, with at least 3 solid links per). I say it a lot, but art is in everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sketchbook Project

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

About Me

My photo

The journey of process intrigues me and I am always changing it up.

Search This Blog