Friday, October 8, 2010

The Art Story


I just found this resource online called "The Art Story", which succinctly explains Modern Art. The title links to a section on Richard Diebenkorn. We have been comparing and contrasting two Modern art pieces all week in third grade (Rothko's "Orange and Yellow" and Pollock's "Convergence"). First, students watched & discussed the meaning of colors, using the awesome Cortes website animations. We will start painting next week. I am always impressed when we discuss artwork at the elementary level, students have intelligent insights and make the most interesting connections! I love using Socratic method to draw out the conversations, I only wish that we had more time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sketchbook Project

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

About Me

My photo

The journey of process intrigues me and I am always changing it up.

Search This Blog