Thursday, November 4, 2010

Artful Thinking


Busy, busy, busy grading and labeling art, and processing what has been happening in the art room (hint: good stuff). Which led me down a familiar rabbit hole: assessing creative thinking. The title links to Harvard's "Project Zero" resource on the topic, but the visual (also from the PZ Artful Thinking site) conceptually sums up what I aim for with our art experiences. Today, students happily made "M" folds for their tunnel books, and most thought it was pretty fun. In one class, in particular, we came up with the phrase, "Art is like P.E. for your hands!", which I truly adore. I might just have to make a classroom poster on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sketchbook Project

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

About Me

My photo

The journey of process intrigues me and I am always changing it up.

Search This Blog