Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cut Paper



The title links to the absolutely incredible paper cut art of Peter Callesen, but I just wanted to share what my third and fifth graders have been up to: tunnel books and accordion books, respectively. I decided to really work on those small motor skills of cutting and gluing, not to mention the spatial/motor skills involved. Everybody sort of groans when they see the construction paper being pulled out (myself included), but then, as three-dimensional demonstrations with each class get underway, I've even gotten applause from the students! Yes, a lot of fun can be had with our old standby, paper, if everything in the curriculum is scaffolded and supported right. Check them out....

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sketchbook Project

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

About Me

My photo

The journey of process intrigues me and I am always changing it up.

Search This Blog