Friday, December 3, 2010

Fun With A Pencil


We've been doing a ton of drawing in art right now, cartooning (third grade), the design challenge (fourth grade), and several sketchbook pages (fifth grade). There's a long-ago author of drawing books, Andrew Loomis, and although most of his books are geared to older artists, he still has a great point about the "5 P's" of a good drawing: proportion (the three dimensions), placement (position in space), perspective, planes, and pattern. I've included a screenshot from one of his out-of-print books. Now, I just need to think about how to break this down for my younger students...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sketchbook Project

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

About Me

My photo

The journey of process intrigues me and I am always changing it up.

Search This Blog