Friday, December 24, 2010

The Gift of Art

Happy Holidays & Best Wishes for 2011! I thought a good way to end my 2010 postings was to provide an art advocacy article, originally in the January 2011 SchoolArts magazine (see title). From the article, written by Rama Hughes,"Art is about making an idea into a reality. There isn't a single crafted or manufactured object that didn't pass through an artist's hands. That is art's life skill. It applies to everything from the telling of a story, to the functioning of a home, to the building of a business."
So many people tell me how lucky I am to have "the gift" IN art, but maybe, it is better to think of "the gift" OF art, of art being in the world, executed through many hands and minds...Just a thought.
I'm embedding a strong TedTalk which speaks to the education paradigms, and I think very relevant to art education:

One last site of interest, seeing as how I've been saving tons of paper towel tubes for puppets, Design Inspiration has creative ideas for that other paper tube we all usually throw away:
http://thedesigninspiration.com/articles/amazing-toilet-paper-roll-artworks-collection/

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sketchbook Project

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

About Me

My photo

The journey of process intrigues me and I am always changing it up.

Search This Blog