Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Origami Math & Soundsuits


The journey for relevant integration is never-ending, but several nuggets of gold were unearthed today in my continual search: 1) possibly the best origami artist, whose website totally covers engineering/technology connection, Robert J. Lang (see title link). You can even download origami simulation code (not on Intel Macs, though)! Then, Nick Cave the sculptor/dancer, and his amazing "soundsuits". I think a lot of Chihuly's glass sculptures when I just see the suits, but the videos show how much the experience of hearing them is important. So, beautiful things, from humble materials, with incredible potential for integrative connections.
(image from Creative Commons of a Nick Cave soundsuit made from spinning tops)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sketchbook Project

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

About Me

My photo

The journey of process intrigues me and I am always changing it up.

Search This Blog