Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Drawing to Learn & Surrealists' Game

Once again, the importance of drawing and learning is being discussed outside of the art classroom (this time, in a science forum): You can also read the full text in Science magazine at http://www.sciencemag.org/content/333/6046/1096 In the interest of promoting community, collaboration, and experimentation in the art room, I had my fourth and fifth graders create a collaborative drawing based on the Surrealists. Overall, we had a lot of fun while the giant drawings "in the round" were rotated a quarter turn every 7-9 minutes, then added on to. The Surealists called it something else, but I decided to call the activity "360 degree Zentangle".

Exquisite Corpse Drawing from Jonathan Jarvis on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sketchbook Project

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

About Me

My photo

The journey of process intrigues me and I am always changing it up.

Search This Blog