Thursday, May 3, 2012

Caine's Arcade

Okay, at the risk of being redundant, I'm posting a video about a little boy who spent the summer at his dad's auto parts store being creative (instead of being bored). The take-aways here are: 1) free time, unstructured & open fosters creativity; 2) the media can be whatever you want it to be---what's at hand, just laying around; 3) positive feedback; 4) this is how inventive minds flourish & we need inventive minds! (full disclosure--they also raised full college tuition by starting an online foundation based on the video) Also, my art club (5th grade) made props for the k-1 musical, which had a nautical theme, came out pretty cute! I basically just let them run with the concept, using tempera & poster board:

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sketchbook Project

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

About Me

My photo

The journey of process intrigues me and I am always changing it up.

Search This Blog